How do I reduce per diem reimbursement to actuals?
- Per Diem Allowance: total all Fixed Meal entries in the Expense List.
- Actual Expense: total all individual PCARD Meal Expense entries and add any out-of-pocket meal expenses.
- Amount of Reduction: subtract the Actual Expense amount from the Per Diem Allowance amount.
- Click New Expense in the Expense List;
- On right side of screen select Reimbursement Reduction expense type located in the "Other" category in the Expense Type field;
- Enter the Amount of Reduction (from the above calculation) as a negative number and enter a comment explaining the reason for the reduction;
- Click Save.
The amount will show up as a negative and a review of Report Totals page will indicate the total reimbursement due to the traveler has been reduced by the Reimbursement Reduction entry.